What is Twitter?
is a social networking platform that enables users to post and interact with
messages known as “tweets”. Tweets can be up to a maximum of 140 characters and
can include links to relevant resources and websites.
You can follow people and
organisations with similar academic and personal interests to you. With over
330 million active monthly users, it is an excellent platform to earn revenue.
Creating a Twitter Account.
first step to start earning on Twitter is to create a Twitter account if you
don’t already have one. This can be done by following these simple steps:
- Go to Twitter.com and sign up.
- Join Twitter. Enter your name, your email, a password, and a
- Click “create my account”.
- Build your timeline. Follow people you know or topics you are
- Confirm email.
- Add character by uploading your profile photo.
- Upload any header you want.
- Add your business website so that your followers can be able to
- Add your bio. Describe yourself briefly. You could write about
things you love to do or the name of your business or any other personal
information you want to add.
- Link your account with Facebook.
- You are ready to engage with other tweeps.
How to earn money on Twitter.
you have already created your account, you can start considering the following
- Use Sponsored Tweets.
- Promote Affiliate Products on Twitter.
- Promote Your Own Products.
- Generate Traffic for Your Website.
- Build a Twitter List.
- Run a Giveaway.
- Create Twitter Ads.
- Monetize Your Twitter Presence.
Use Sponsored Tweets.
Tweets allows brands to tap into a Twitter user’s followers to reach new
customers. The only thing tweeters need to do is write a tweet based on some
simple guidelines provided by the advertiser. There are several factors that
can boost your Sponsored Tweets cash flow:
- Choose your keywords wisely: When establishing sponsored tweets,
you should choose keywords that attract users to your tweets. This involves
tweeting about popular topics such as food, travel, clothes, shoes,
celebrities, music, art and so on.
- Boost your clout score: Your clout score refers to the number that
relates to the size and strength of your sphere of influence on Twitter. It
indicates how likely it is that someone will listen to what you have to say or
act on a message you provide. It involves engagement, reach, velocity, demand,
network strength, and activity. The higher it is, the more influential you are.
- Improve your follower activation rate: Sponsored Tweets judge the
quality of a Twitter user is by their follower activation rate. It’s not always
about the number of followers you have but the influence you have on them.
Promote Affiliate Products on Twitter.
can set up a Tweet engagement campaign which will promote your tweets to other
people’s timelines. You can use the following tips:
- Relevancy is Key: Make sure the products you are promoting are
relevant to your followers.
- Personalization Matters: A personal recommendation is going to get
a much better response in terms of actual conversions because it will be in
your voice and hopefully out of your experience with the product.
- Make Genuine Recommendations: This is important because a bad
recommendation may hurt your relationship with your followers therefore you
should only recommend products you have used or products used by someone you
- Be Conversational: Engage with your twitter followers and other
influencers in order to gain experience and also knowledge on appropriate
affiliate marketing programs to use and how to continue growing your account.
- Link to Affiliate Products Indirectly: It would be much more
effective and less intrusive with the culture on Twitter to tweet a link to a
post you’ve written on your blog that includes an affiliate link than to tweet
the affiliate link directly.
- Moderation is Important: If all you ever do is promote products,
you’re unlikely to grow a readership or become anyone with any kind of
influence on Twitter.
- Listen to Your Followers: If you engage in affiliate marketing on
twitter make sure you stay in tune with how people respond. Pay attention to
what your followers prefer and put into consideration their reviews of the
products you advertise.
- Be Useful: If you’re going to promote a product on Twitter make
sure it’s highly useful to your followers.
Promote Your Own Products.
way you can earn money on Twitter is by selling your own products whether
physical or not. You can do this by:
- You can tweet on how to use your product or upload a screenshot
especially if you are promoting a digital product.
- Uploading a GIF instruction: A GIF is fun to share because they
auto-play itself without being a disturbing experience.
- Uploading a Video: An instructional video expands your ability to
explain your service in many more words than Twitter’s character limit would
- Create a Twitter Moment: A Twitter moment lets you tell a story
that goes beyond one tweet and highlights different perspectives. If you have
been regularly tweeting about food and drinks, collecting them all under a
single Twitter moment is a great way to get more attention to your product.
- Create a Visual Testimonial: This is achieved by giving away your
product license to notable niche influencers and then following up with them in
a few weeks to get their feedback which you then repackage in visual tweets and
tag the influencers.
Generate Traffic from Your Website.
amount and value of traffic you drive from social media back to your website
depends greatly on the quality of your content. This can be achieved through:
- Getting visual: Visual content generates more engagement than text
posts therefore, the more engaging a post is, the more likely a viewer will
engage with your brand and the call-to-action.
- Creating contagious content: Once you understand what your
followers want, you can create content that people want to share therefore
increasing brand awareness to a wider audience.
- Paid campaigns: Paid social media ads allow you to create highly
targeted and refined campaigns that deliver customized communications to your
Build a Twitter List.
can create a Twitter list that consists exclusively of your followers who are
interested in a particular product so that you can tweet them via the list. For
example, if some of your followers are interested in men’s shoes, instead of tweeting
all your followers, you can reach the targeted audience via the list you have
created. This saves you the trouble of having to use your email or your phone
Run a Giveaway.
you have to do is tweet about your campaign and tell users how enter, either by
following you, liking or retweeting your tweets. Some of the goals you can meet
with a Twitter giveaway include:
- Raising product or brand awareness.
- Sending targeted traffic to your website.
- Building your Twitter following.
- Increasing your Twitter engagement.
- Generating business leads.
Create Twitter Ads.
ads enable you to reach more users on Twitter other than your followers. Sites
like sponsoredtweets.com and paidpertweet.com enable advertisers to monetize
Monetize Your Twitter Presence.
Media Studio lets you place in-stream video ads and in-stream video
sponsorships right into your brand-safe Twitter video content so that you can
earn money directly from the platform.
conclusion, one should take advantage of the millions of active users on
Twitter to make money.